Here to share details about SPC machines produce lines, including material and it’s function, as SPC wear layer manufacturers, SPC flooring standards, styles, how to produce SPC and SPC advantages.
SPC——a kind of vinyl flooring, now is worldwide popular products because of it’s environmental-friendly and health protection character, easy to install could be done by personally handling, good quality SPC flooring with wear layer cause to water proof, scratch proof and longer lifetime comes compare to laminate flooring.
All producing lines of SPC flooring without formaldehyde, it’s widely used in Europe and America area, now it’s becoming popular in China, Asia, Middle East and etc.
What materials and content for producing SPC?
SPC machines produce materials mainly is Polyvinyl Chloride powder and Calcium powder, content percentage is PVC powder: Calcium powder=1:3, and reasonable content of accessory ingredients as stabilizer, black carbon, and DOTP oil.
- Calcium powder require standards of 350-400muesh for SPC flooring, reasonable whiteness and humidity. More content of Calcium will increase board hardness and decrease flexibility and increase shrinking percentage.
- DOTP oil with function of internal and outer lubricants to control flexibility. Amost colorless low viscosity liquid, because PVC itself is a hard material, add plasticizer, plastic products can be soft, easy to bend, fold, good elasticity and easy to shape.
- Stabilizer: Slow down the reaction, maintain chemical balance, and reduce surface tension, prevent light, thermal decomposition or oxidation reactions, cause to final products quality more stable. Besides, materials composition done by stabilizer fusion, also play a shaping role. If quality not good, shaping will not be good enough cause to board easy broken, increase producing difficulty, and decrease capacity.
- Black carbon is the pigments with the strongest coloring and hiding power. Most stable pigments, heat, chemical and light resistance, different quality cause to color effect different
- Accessory EPC401, as lubricants for extrude all kinds of powder evenly.
Styles & Standards
What’s the standards of SPC and specification?
SPC structure: Wear layer, uv coating, deco film, SPC base board, IXPE back film.
- Wear layer: Main purpose is for longer lifetime for 5-10years, scratch resistance, wear resistance for high quality flooring standards. Material lvt wear layer with manufacturers pure PVC material, with DOTP oil, higher flexibility and less density than Chloride, high tension and high shrinking to keep flooring balance to avoid bending. Thickness could be customized depends on customer request, also depends on core thickness of board material. 0.1mm-1.0mm wear layer are reasonable, 1.0mm wear layer resistance could be 20000cycles. 0.3mm, 0.5mm, is regular thickness.
- Deco film: PVC material, most problem is to control color stability, thickness normal 1.0mm.
SPC info: Color white or black; Width max1.0mm; Density 1.95-2.10g/cm³; shrinking percentage ≤0.08% (before tempering≤2.5‰, after tempering≤1‰).
SPC flooring designs: normal texture and EIR designs which texture match colors exactly.
- Normal SPC flooring is formed by one-forming of multi layer SPC base material, deco film, wear layer.
- EIR design is pressed with press plates for matching deco film, wear layer and press on SPC base board. Currently some SPC machine manufacturers developed new SPC produce lines with single producing for EIR.
- Some SPC produce lines would use LVT base board in middle of SPC structure.
SPC flooring size standards:
- Thickness min 2.2mm and max 6mm, normal thickness 4mm, 4.2mm, 5mm, 5.5mm, 6mm, 6.5mm with lock.
- Size mainly 1210*150/181, 1219*152/178/180/181/203, 1524*228, 1828*228,
- Length 36″: 4″*36″, 6″*36″, 7″*36″, 8″*36″, 9″*36″ Length 48″: 4″*48″, 6″*48″, 7″*48″, 8″*48″, 9″*48″.
How to produce SPC?
SPC machine produce lines formed by one-forming steps:
A, 115 parallel twin screw extrude machine, combine deco film, wear layer on screws, extruding under high temperature forming SPC board(doing inspecting during extruding process), cooling and cutting boards in pieces.
For different texture control to change screws for new designs. Could also make base boards to press with press machine and press plates.
B, UV coating 16-18g/㎡ with process of preheating, bottom painting, semi-curing, surface painting, UV advection, full cure treatment and output.
C, Cooling for 48h, for flooring to adapt to environment of temperature, moisture content, humidity, for balance incase bending during next step, some in order to make it more stable, would cool for 72h.
D, Cutting, grooving and IXPE back film applying, Inspection and packing.
E, SPC flooring density difference comes from formula difference, compare to WPC flooring, SPC density is higher than WPC because of foaming proces